Friday, September 26, 2014

Movies for Both Parents and Kids


kid movies for adults
Although you will probably find these in the children and family section of Netflix (or you may remember them being in the family section of Blockbuster), the movies on this list are ones I still find entertaining, meaningful and/or funny. If you find yourself looking for a family movie and the new releases are not cutting it, maybe give one of these at try.
15. Shrek – A fun twist on the “real beauty is within” storyline; ogres are like onions: they have many layers…
14. Little Rascals – My favorite couple under the age of ten, Alfalfa and Darla
13. The Labyrinth – Ok, so this was kind of a strange movie for me when I was five years-old, but I remember finding it really interesting and watching it over again and again. Maybe fast forward the part where the fire gang tries to get Jennifer Connelly to take off her head…
12. Emperor’s New Groove – I always found this movie amusing, especially with the voice of David Spade as the selfish, Emperor Kuzco.
11. Finding Nemo – Probably the cutest movie ever.
10. Hocus Pocus – A Halloween classic – Bette Midler puts a spell on you.
9. Lion King – who doesn’t like to sing “Hakuna Matata?”
8. Up – I didn’t know I was going to enjoy this movie as much as I did. Up has an entertaining and touching plot that everyone will get something out of.
7. Mrs. Doubtfire – Maybe a little mature for some kids, but it is a mild PG-13
6. Sound of Music  – Classic, great music. Also good if your kids play instruments as many of the songs can be adapted to beginners’ versions on the piano or guitar.
5. ET– An alien, a flying bike and adorable child star Drew Barrymore? Yes, please
4. Elf – Christmas or not this movie is hilarious and one of my all-time favorites
3. Madagascar- Still makes me laugh – love King Julien. Looking forward the Madagascar 3!
2. Princess Bride – Has all the elements of a perfect fairytale.
1. Wizard of Oz – The characters, the costumes, the music; it is one of the best movies of all time.
Have any to add?

No comments:

Post a Comment